Call to Action! Donate Now
Time and again it has been proven that art is a wonderful and helpful outlet for those who are in need in one form or another.
Benefits of an art program:
1. Art stimulates the brain! Do it because creating art is a wonderful way to stimulate your brain, improve your well-being, and art therapy can be extremely beneficial for patients that have Alzheimer’s and dementia.
2. Art makes you more observant! Creating art helps you learn to “see” by concentrating on detail and paying more attention to your environment.
3. Art enhances problem solving skills! Art encourages out-of-the-box thinking and lets you come up with your own unique solution.
4. Art reduces stress! Those who are dealing with PTSD, anxiety and more will benefit from this program.
5. Art enhances cognitive abilities and memory, even for people with serious brain conditions!
6. Art is for everyone! You don't have to be a Van Gogh, a desire to create is all you need, the great thing about art is that it is personal, it is from you.
Our veterans who are in need would greatly benefit from pursuing various outlets in the way of an art program which is why we are beginning our Healing Through Art curriculum.
Your tax deductible donation to this very necessary agenda will assist veterans with the support they need and they know it is from a community that cares.
Healing, camaraderie, transition assistance is what our organization is about; offering venues such as our Healing Through Art, Peer to Peer meetings, meals for our wounded at the local VA, resources for our veterans, and their families, support for US Armed Forces families in need, and our Liberty Canteen program.
If you would like to donate new, unused art supplies please notify us where we can pick them up locally: email us at [email protected] or mail them to us at Lodestar Arts Program, PO Box 2006, Fremont, CA 94536.
Your tax deductible support goes a long way, whether monetary or in-kind, all is appreciated.